The String Blox Fruit is a Natural-type Fruit, that, when eaten, grants its user the ability to attack with thin and sharp strings. It costs 1,500,000, or 1,800, from the Blox Fruits Dealer. This fruit has a 4% chance to be in each stock, and a 5.7% chance to spawn in-game every hour. It was added in Update 2, and its awakening was implemented in Update 13.
The String fruit is not that of a good fruit for grinding due to it not having the Logia effect, but can be decent if used wisely. It is considered a excellent fruit for PvP in awakened form, as it has great stun and hitbox. Possibly one of the best PvP fruit.
The Don Swan boss uses unawakened string in his first stage, but when in his second stage, he uses a unique version of unawakened String (Note: Don Swan second stage's string is NOT the awakening you get, just like Rip indra (Raid Boss)'s Dark Blade).
|Key||Attack Name||Description||Community Rating||Mastery Level Required|
|The player swipes their right hand forward to slash targets with five multi-coloured strings coming out of their fingers while dealing damage. Its hitbox and range is very small.|
|The player impales their target from above with five strings, dealing medium AoE damage, and also briefly stunning anyone hit by it.|
|The player shoots a thick rope made of condensed strings from their palm which deals great damage. The damage for this move depends on how far you are from the opponent(s). The further away you are from the opponent(s), the higher the damage they will receive. This move have the best range in the game, leaves a short invisible tripwire effect which will deal damage when stepped on and breaks Observation no matter what.|
|The player creates multiple strings weaved together (covered in Enhancement) and sends them at enemies in a piercing formation. Deals damage in a sharp cone shaped hitbox and stuns targets.|
|The user grapples onto strings and swings through the air, allowing them to fly at a decent pace.|
|Key||Attack name||Description||Damage||Fragment cost|
|The player slashes forth up to four fiery blades of hot strings that deal good damage (amount of strings and their damage varies depending on how long you hold the move), with the fourth one resembling the shape of the letter 'X'.|
|The player shoots out strings upward from their hand and creates a large circular cage when held, which traps targets inside. Then, the cage quickly shrinks and slashes whoever is inside of it, dealing instant damage. If held, the size of the cage increases by a fair amount.|
|The player summons large, white and purple spears of strings that leave the ground and hit wherever the cursor is located. If the cursor is close enough, the move will auto-target nearby enemies. Damage gets smaller over time and most of the damage is dealt during the early stage of the move (one string does less damage than the string before it).|
|The player shoots out hundreds of purple strings rapidly, in a more cylindrical hitbox. This move has a small start-up time, however it stuns while dealing massive damage to anyone they hit.|
|Several strings come out of the player's hand and grapple out of their hands and into the air, while pulling the user to wherever the cursor is located. The strings also hit the ground if close enough.|
|String Review (V1)
|String Review (V2)
Awakened String has big hitboxes, and deals high damage. It is very good for PVP, as you can do and extend several combos.
|Very high damage.|
|String X, both awakened and unawakened, has decent stunning capabilities.|
|The unawakened F move is a relatively fast flight, and can quickly cover a large distance if aimed upwards.|
|Very good for killing Bosses as it deals high damage and has good stuns.|
|C move (unawakened) has one of the farthest range in the game (best range being Paw moves).|
|High combo potential (awakened).|
|The unawakened String's C and V moves can break Observation. Awakened String's X, C, and V moves all break Observation. This means almost every single move of Awakened String can break Observation.|
|The unawakened C move leaves a tripwire effect for 2 seconds after launching, that upon touching will still inflict the damage.|
|The further the enemy is, the more damage the unawakened C move will deal, which is good for sniping, kill stealing, etc.|
|Unawakened String has tiny hitboxes, making it very hard to hit moves in PvP (the exception being Ultimate Thread, but if you miss you will most likely get punished because of its huge endlag).|
|Although awakened String has really good damage, all moves need to be held to execute their full damage, and all the moves can be canceled with DoT, aka Damage over Time (example: Venom's poison damage, Dragon and Soul's burn damage). This is a similarity that is shared with the Dark fruit, and any fruit that has moves that need to be held.|
|The unawakened Z and X moves have bad range and small hitboxes, making them very easy to dodge.|
|Water, like all other fruits (except Ice), unless you are of the Fishman race.|
|The unawakened V move has high endlag, so if you miss, you're doomed.|
|Some moves have high startup and/or endlag, as exampled above with unawakened V.|
|Can be countered easily if the user is inexperienced or isn't too skilled with Combos.|
|Requires good aim to use well in PvP.|
|Unawakened String is almost useless for air fights.|
String V2 combos (ua means unawakened):
- Pole V2 Z, Sharkman X, Z, Pole V2 X, String X, V, Sharkman C, String C (ua).
- Pole V2 Z, X, String X, Sharkman X, String Z, V,Soru (if needed), Sharkman C, String C (ua).
- Pole V2 Z, String X, V, Pole V2 X, Superhuman Z, C, String C (ua).
- Death Step C, Z, Pole V2 X, Death Step X, String X, V, Pole V2 Z, String C (ua).
- Pole V2 Z, Dragon Talon X, Pole V2 X, String X, String V, Dragon Talon Z, String C (unawakend).
- String awk X, Superhuman Z, Soul Cane Z(needs to be very fast), String awk C or V
- String X, Superhuman Z,C, Soul Cane Z, String V,C
- Simple Combo With Only String V2 : X + Z + C (Hit as much as you can) + V (Hold if You hit correctly)
- (Awake Combo Except C) String X,String Z,Superhuman Z,Superhuman C,String V (Hold),Unawakened String C
- (Awakened String) X + Z + V (Time it right) + (Unawakened String) C
- String X, Acidum Rifle Z and X, String V (Hold), Spikey Trident X, Sharkman Karate X + Z + C, String (ua) C
- String (awakened) C, Spikey Trident X, Kabucha X, String (Dont Hold) X, Dragon Talon X + Z, String Z
- String have another version aside from the awakened and unawakened version. However, this version is only available to the second stage of the Don Swan boss. It is an improved string v1 that can create a triple version of the unawakened v1, tripling the range, aoe and damage in the process. However, due to this version being only available to a boss, it is impossible to find out whether there's any other differences.
|Bomb, Spike, Chop, Spring, Kilo, Smoke, Spin, Flame, Bird: Falcon, Ice, Sand, Dark, Revive, Diamond, Light, Love, Rubber, Barrier, Magma, Door, Quake, Human: Buddha, String, Bird: Phoenix, Rumble, Paw, Gravity, Dough, Shadow, Venom, Control, Soul, Dragon|