Observation is an ability that, while active, allows the user to:
- dodge incoming attacks from enemies.
- see enemies/players through solid surfaces.
- see enemies/players from a distance (distance increases with higher levels).
- see how much health and energy enemies/players have.
- To learn Observation, the player needs to:
Go to Skylands, where Bisento and Dual Blade are sold. Next, get to the island that has the God's Guards. Fly to the nearby island with a temple in it and destroy the clouds in the center of the temple by using a move that breaks Observation, such as Dark Blade's "Z" move. Jump into the clouds, and you'll get teleported to Upper Skylands' first area. Once there, follow the huge root in the middle. When player reach the second area, there will be another temple that you will have to climb to the top. Inside you will find Lord of Destruction, who will offer the Observation for 750,000 Beli. Players can level up your Observation by "dodging" attacks while using Observation. The hotkey for this ability is E or K. The observation is stronger for players.
Here are a list of moves capable of breaking Observation.
Each dodge gives one EXP point. (Levels below are estimated)
- 0 EXP - Level 1 - 2 dodges.
- 50 EXP - Level 2 - 3 dodges.
- 330 EXP - Level 3 - 4 dodges.
- 815 EXP - Level 4 - 5 dodges.
- 1400 EXP - Level 5 - 6 dodges.
- 2100 EXP - Level 6 - 7 dodges.
- 2900 to 5000 EXP - Level 7 - 8 dodges (9 with Human V2 or V3 and 8 without it ) (Increased visual range) (you can also get 10/11 dodges with the Pale Scarf.
Many attacks in the game can temporarily disable the Observation, so use this to your advantage during pvp. Bosses attacks can also sometimes disable your Observation, so be careful!
Here is a list of moves that can break Observation.
If a player, NPC or Boss hits the player, the amount of dodges you have left are shown on top of the player's head while it is active. If you run out of dodges, your Observation will be temporarily disabled. If you use any skills while the Observation is active, you can get hit during the move, and your Observation will take a while to recharge. Therefore, you should not use Observation during a move.
- Note 1: Regular NPCs take half dodge each time they hit you. (Ex: at 3 dodges you would have 6 against a regular NPC such as Gorilla or Arctic Warrior). You gain 1 XP for each dodge you make (Regardless whether if the dodge was from an NPC/Boss/Player)
- Note 2: The maximum amount of dodges is 8 (9 with Human V2) at 2800 EXP, but players should get it to 5000 EXP for the maximum range.
- Note 3: The EXP requirements are slightly off for most of these, so take them as slight estimates. For example, you actually get to level five in 1417 EXP.
- Note 4: It takes approximately 50 seconds for 1 dodge to recover.
- Note 5: Players using a Elemental-type Fruit, and can't take damage from the NPC, players will not dodge with Observation enabled (And thus won't gain any EXP). A recommendation to a Elemental Fruit user, is going to the Magma Village and train there as players will get double the XP, because some of the enemies there can spawn with Enhancement on.
- Note 6: In order to obtain 9 dodges, players must have Human V2. Otherwise, dodges max out at 8.
- Note 7: Players are detected further than NPCs.
- Note 8: Players can dodge some moves that attacks the player multiple times, if the player activate Observation during the attack, like Superhuman's Z move or Paw's X move.
- Note 9: During pvp, players shouldn't abuse their Observation too much. This is because during a combo you will need to time Observation perfectly in order to escape it. Some extremely hard combo can't be dodged by it.
- Note 10: Players can talk to Lord of Destruction again to see their Observation EXP.
- Note 11: If player has or had Human V2, and you changed your race you'll still keep the extra dodge.
- Player can get the title "Ultra Instinct" by reaching the maximum amount of experience. The title is a reference to the ability of the same name featured in Dragon Ball Super which allows the user to dodge any and all attacks even without paying any attention to said attack.
- In Update 15, Usoap's name was changed to Lord of Destruction, likely due to copyright issues. However if you talk to him he will say "You're gonna have to do better than that if you wanna fight amongst the great Captain Usoap."
- The Longma is the only boss that can not observe by Observation ability. However, you can still dodge his attack.
|Ability Teacher||Skyjump • Enhancement • Flash Step|
|Race Abilities||Last Resort • Water Body • Heavenly Blood • Agility • Heightened Senses • Energy Core|
|Other abilities||Summon Sea Beast • Observation • Observation V2 • Colors|