The Flame fruit (Mera-Mera No Mi) is a Logia type Devil Fruit. This can be bought from the Blox Fruit Dealer for B$250,000 / R$550 Robux. It can also be found around the map or by dealing the highest damage in a Factory raid. It was added in Update 1.
It can be Awakened with Fragments after completing a Flame Raid. To fully awaken this fruit you need 14,500 fragments. The awakened version of this fruit is excellent. It is great for PvP because you can spam its moves, and great for farming. The fully awakened Flame deals a high amount of damage.
Note: Every Flame V2 attack (except F) leaves a fire effect on the ground (which does damage and breaks Ken Haki). Even though Flame V1 does slightly more damage than V2 because of the Z move, The awakened Flame is still considered better, due to its large hitboxes and burning effect that is left on the ground. (Similar to Death Step.)
Damage: S or S+. Based on how much hits the enemy takes.
Difficulty: S (Very easy to use. You need very few aiming skills but the large AoE and the spam ability makes it very useful).
Flame Review (V1 and V2)
Flame is exceptional for its price. Flame has high damage, good hitboxes, flight move, and the Logia effect. Considering the fact that Flame is only B$250,000 , it's considered the best starter fruit. I highly recommend this fruit to new players, and it shouldn't be replaced until they can get Light. The only Cons for grinding with Flame is the knockback, but besides it, it's an awesome fruit. Light is more of an optional choice, but you'll be fine sticking with Flame for a long time. This can be one of three best fruit for grinding / farming. Flame V2's moves leave a fire effect on the surface, dealing decent damage and keep the opponent's Ken Haki (Observation) from regenerating.
Moveset / Abilities
|Logia (Elemental) type||The wielder is immune to all physical attacks if the user's level is equal to or above the level of the NPC (without Enhancement). fruit attacks can damage the user, though.|
|The user shoots several, medium-damage bullets that can hit multiple targets at the direction of the user’s cursor, dealing massive damage if fully hit.|
|The user fires a medium-sized beam from their hands in the direction of the cursor, knocking back anyone hit incredibly.|
|The user slams the ground, releasing a surge of fire around the user and upwards, pushing back anyone caught in the pillar a good range dealing damage in a devastating AoE fire column.|
|The user creates a massive orb of golden-red fire, which explodes (when it hits a surface or reaches its maximum range), dealing a high amount of damage to anyone in its radius.|
|You turn your leg into fire then fly at a slow-ish pace.|
|The player shoots a small medium-high speed flaming projectile that explodes on impact, dealing medium-high damage and leaving a damaging AoE behind for a few seconds. It will leave a flame effect on the ground for five seconds. The flame effect deals decent damage. (AoE)|
|The player fires an extremely fast beam of fire with much higher knockback and startup. This version deals instant damage, yet if you miss your target and you happened to fire somewhere that the beam can stop, it will explode on impact and damage anyone caught in the explosion. After the explosion, it will leave a flame effect on the ground or on the target, dealing decent damage. The flame effect on the ground deals decent damage. If your aim is good, this move is near impossible to dodge. (Ken Break)|
|The player unleashes an explosion of fire beneath the player, launching not only the player but anyone else caught in the blast much higher than before. This version is much better for catching airborne enemies and hitting them. It will leave a burning flame effect on the ground for 5 seconds, dealing decent damage. (Ken Break)|
|The player summons a gigantic spherical orb of fire with red fire effects surrounding it (five times bigger than the non-awakened Fire Bomb) and throws it at the target. Upon impact or reaching its maximum range, it explodes. The explosion is really huge. It deals a high amount of damage. It leaves a burning flame effect on the ground for 5 seconds dealing a decent amount of damage. If all burns are applied then it will deal at least A- damage. (Ken Break)|
|You turn your legs into fire and fly at a faster pace than Fire Flight, The cooldown is a tiny bit faster too.|
- This fruit deals the highest damage in the game(V1), this is tied with String V2
- Moderately good flight
- V2 is very good for PvP.
- Really good at close to medium-long range.
- All of Flame V2's damaging moves break Ken Haki.
- Good for grinding Bosses, because of high knockback and burn damage.
- Flame is exceptional for its price. It only costs B$250,000, which is an affordable price for players grinding to go to the Second Sea / New World, along with those is the Old World / First Sea
- Low mastery levels for good moves that deal good damage and knockback.
- Very Good hitboxes
- Enough knockback so it’s useful in PvP, but not so much fling so it’s still usable in grinding.
- Non-awakened C and V and awakened X, C and V can break Ken Haki and unawakened Z and X can make your opponents use a large amount of Ken dodges.
- Prominence Burst can be used as an AoE attack up close and at long range which makes it one of the best skills for any range situations.
- All of V2's damaging moves have AoE (all the awakened damaging moves can break things too).
- Fire Bomb's hitbox is big, and Flame Destroyer's hitbox is huge, almost five times bigger than Fire Bomb. Hold the move, zoom out and compare the two's sizes by going to the Awakenings Expert.
- Cool effects
- It's more durable than most would think, as you can use the X ability to force opponents back (it has REALLY high knockback), and the awakened C ability to escape some combos and fling opponents and yourself in the air.
- Fun to use due to its effects and mechanics for PvP.
- Low windup (mostly) which lets you dish out moves pretty quickly, making it good for PvP.
- Low endlag which makes it good for PvP.
- Works with all Races, Fighting Styles, Guns and lots of Swords.
- Extremely easy to use and get used to.
- Flame raids are very easy so you can awaken this really quickly.
- Good fruit for fighting Sea Beasts since more than half of the moves are ranged and deal good damage.
- Easy to awaken
- Works well with and with out teammates or strategies, making it viable for hunting and being hunted.
- High knockback so it's not the best for grinding. Recommended to fling the enemy into the sea to make it respawn near you (or launch it far away, but only so when you are near where the enemy spawns, so you don’t need to gather it again).
- Fire Flight (Flame V1's flight) is quite slow. Second slowest flight move. It has a long cooldown too.
- V2 deals slightly less damage than V1 because of the Z move.
- The Z move, both unawakened and awakened, are hard to hit in combat.
- Combo potential isn't the best because of very few stuns. Using this fruit with Electric or Superhuman is recommended.
- The Z move (unawakened) can only deal high damage if a good amount of bullets are hit. But they're quite slow so it's easy for opponents to dodge. (recommended to use a stun skill that breaks Ken like Acidum Rifle's Z).
- Both non-awakened C and awakened C requires you to be close to the opponent for it to hit.
- Although this fruit is very spammable, once you start facing off against opponents with decent skill, it won't be a viable option. To avoid this, don’t use the C move and try to lure them in a certain direction by using the Z move, and then attack with the X move when they are trapped.
- Flame V has a big startup time
- Moves can be dodged by Flash Step
Trivia and notes:
• Flame actually has a higher chance of coming in stock than Smoke, which is good for beginners looking for a good fruit.
• Every awakened ATTACK skill does burning damage that can hit up to 6 times doing over 700 damage, if the enemy is willing to stand on the fire effect and take the damage.
• Flame Destroyer does more than double the burning damage as it hits 2x as much and each second hit does around 10-20 times more damage than the first hit.
• Fire Bomb is one of the highest damaging “one hit attacks”. The other ones being unawakened Quake V and Control X when you levitate the bridge in the Second Sea / New World. This skill is good for finishing off the Fishman Lord.
• If you want to win a PvP, you can use X (when the opponent is really near the sea) -> V (right after your opponent reach the farthest distance possible in the sea) -> Z (additional damage). With the combination, you could force them to swim in the Water and take great damage.
Note 2: This combination isn't recommended to use against fruits that have the fly ability (in some cases, even Rumble is included here), because they would try to jump off the Water, fly back to your position and use their strongest moves. It's also not recommended to use with Fishman v2 or v3 users, as they HEAL in the Water, which would dramatically increase your death chance in PvP. Although they would still take great damage from the attack.
Extra note: Fishmen can no longer heal in the water at any faster rate so pushing them in would not do much besides damage them greatly from the attack.
Note 3: The flame Raids are considered to be the easiest so awakening this fruit will not be very hard.
Note 4: If the water combo is used to force your opponent into the magma in magma city or hot and cold then it would most likely one shot with a single attack since most of flames skills will drill enemies into the ground(Nothing can avoid high damage if your aim is good).
Flame is a cheap fruit that is recommended for beginners (cost: B$250,000). Flame V2 is an extremely good PvP fruit due to its high damage, burn damage, knockback and versatility. Despite these strengths it is still underrated due to not many people using this fruit and saying it isn't that good, when it IS a good fruit (awakened). So it is recommended to test how good this fruit really is.