- Dark Fruit is a decent fruit for grinding (Logia) and is very good in PVP (usually with sword mains) due to its long stuns. Dark was added in Update 1. It excels in both when it is awakened. It costs B$ 500,000 to buy in the shop. Here is a showcase of Dark: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSzC_mwCLVs
- Dimensional Slash is kind of hard to pull off for beginners, as it requires you to react faster than the opponent and do a quick combo chain before you get punished.
- Dark Fruit is not good for aerial combat (unawakened), thus Skypiean race would be an effective counter.
Always try to pull off a surprise attack by teleporting to the opponent and use a quick move that breaks Observation Haki.
To fully awaken this fruit, it will cost 14,500 Fragments.
Dark (V1) Review
Sand has insane combo potential, Flame has high damage, and Ice has great stuns. What is Dark to them? It's mainly a balancing point for the Logias, so all of them won't be too overpowered, but it's still by any means not a horrible, unusable fruit. Dark Rocks is extremely challenging to hit a good amount of, Black Spiral is relatively countered easily by dashing, Black Hole does decent damage, but its very low on the ground and there is a delay to attack once the move is over, and Dark Bomb could be dodged, but it's a bit harder compared to the other moves. This is probably the worst you can get out of the cheap Logias, mainly due to moderate damage and hard-to-hit moves. If you're up for a challenge, you can use this, but I don't think its rewarding. Not that good for grinding due to moderate damage and knockback.
Dark V2 review
It is an amazing fruit. Z and V knockback so they are not that good for grinding. However, X and C both got fast cooldown. And you can use X to pull the npcs that you just knock back with Z, or use C to grab the NPCs that are about to be throw away by V move. For PvP, dark’s combo potential is insane. X break ken, stun and have a good hit box. C also got a good stun and a good hitbox with ken breaking. Dark is amazing for sword and gun main, and it can be decent if used by fruit mains. Not to mention the F move is a teleport move that has a decent cooldown which help you dodge or rush your enemy.
|Element type||The wielder is immune to all physical attacks if the user is a certain amount of levels above the certain npc.|
|The player opens up a black hole on their hand and launches rocks in the direction of the cursor which deal damage per hit.|
|The player creates a black hole on the cursor and in the player's hand trapping anyone caught in it and dealing damage to them before they are launched away.|
|The player opens up a large black hole on the ground causing damage to anyone who gets sucked into it. This is basically a much stronger Black Spiral except you can't throw enemies.|
|The player manifests a large orb of darkness, which, upon impact, sucks anyone in its radius, and explodes, significantly damaging anyone in its radius.|
|Key||Name||Description||Tier ranking||Fragment cost|
|The player launches a small vertical slash that applies a small blind and teleports you to the opponent on hit doing good damage.|
|The player creates a black hole that lashes out dark tentacles in front of you that stuns and pulls in opponents when holding the move doing good damage.|
|The player creates a large black hole (significantly bigger than V1) that stuns opponents and does rapid damage while getting bigger the longer it is held.|
|The player manifests a ravenous dark sphere and launches it at the cursor target. It inhales the victim for a very brief moment and blows them away, dealing great damage and stun.|
|(New skill) The player teleports, leaving a purple after image of the user (range is shorter than dash and Lightning Dash). Makes it very easy to avoid many attacks.|
- Really good stuns, making it an excellent choice for sword mains.
- Works well regardless of stat distribution (since your sword can finish your opponent, if you're a sword main).
- Decent damage, so coupled with it's amazing stuns, it is still a good fruit for fruit mains.
- Makes it easy to fight Bosses since it flings them away from you.
- Extremely good for PvP (if you know how to use it properly).
- Good for combos.
- Good for grinding because of the Logia effect.
- Awakened Dark's X, C and V move all break Ken Haki.
- Because Awakened X and C need to be held, you can cancel the move if you missed, which will allow you to escape before your opponents take advantage of your momentary inability to move.
- The X and C move cannot deal good damage unless held, and people can counter these moves (if you keep holding and miss).
- V1 has no mobility / travel moves. V2's F move doesn't go that far. Self Repel (from Paw) goes a lot further.
- Most of its moves freeze you in place so if the enemy dodges, they can easily hit you (except unawakened X, awakened X and awakened C).
- Dimensional Slash has a small hitbox, making it hard for players with bad aim miss a lot.
- Doesn't have much range.
- Both unawakened and awakened X and C can easily be countered by Acidum Rifle.
- Despite being one of the best (if not the best) comboing fruits in the game Fishman V3 or Cyborg V3 can counter these combos with their abilities, especially Cyborg because the Dark awakened X move brings your enemy towards you, meaning if a Cyborg uses the ability while they're getting pulled, you're just dragging a bomb towards yourself.
- Water, as with all fruits except Ice (unless you have Fishman V2 or V3).
X --> C --> Z
V --> Z (try to land the skill when the enemy is getting stunned by the abyssal darkness skill) --> F (to get close) --> X --> C.
Another combo that takes half of your opponents hp.